When: 09/29/2019 - 01/31/2020 All DayView more details
Music Ministry Assistant
Nancy is responsible for administrative support for the Music Ministry team, including bookkeeping, ensemble rosters and attendance, communications and publicity, maintaining our webpage, music event publicity, and keeping our music library organized and functioning. She also provides logistical support for rehearsals and worship services, as well as our tours, concerts, and Performing Arts Camp.
Retired from Duke Energy in 2002, Nancy joined our staff in 2011. She brings years of experience as a management professional, with training and expertise in the performing arts, project management, process design, fund raising, and information technology.
Nancy has a wide variety of artistic experience, including vocal, instrumental, dance, dramatic performance, and choreography. Nancy sings with Opera Carolina and with our Chancel Choir, Women’s Choir, and Chamber Singers. She is a classically trained flutist, having started at age 10, and attended under-graduate school on an applied flute scholarship. Nancy plays flute in our worship services and rings with our Myers Park Bells, Bellissimo, and Chamber Ringers. She was also a classically trained dancer and performed with a liturgical dance troupe in Houston, TX for five years. Nancy brings over 45 years of experience in community and semi-professional theatre, including acting, tech work, and business management.
– Bachelor of Music, University of North Carolina-Charlotte, specialization: Vocal Performance
– Master of Science in Mathematics, Texas A&M University-College Station, specialization: Matrix Theory
– Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics, Texas A&I University-Kingsville, minor: Computer Science
– Duke Energy, Information Technology Dept.
– United Way of Central Carolinas, Development Dept.
– Kingsville, TX