Border Experience Mission Trip
Our border pilgrimages to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas are in efforts to draw an awareness of the proximity of our sisters and brothers seeking asylum, migrant workers and the journey of the immigrant in our everyday lives. We invite you to prayerfully consider joining us as we practice the ministry of presence and ‘withness.’ These are not to be transactional trips that we go, return, and everything is back to usual. These experiences are so that you will go beyond the borders in your personal and community life, to advocate for, journey with and stay aware of the immigrant story and journey in our own backyard.
TO REGISTER FOR OUR NEXT BORDER TRIP: Read trip details below, and then register and pay online using the link provided.
- $250 paid at time of online registration to cover van rental and supplies for ministries that we engage with there
- Airline flight: ranges $490-650 for flight (from Charlotte) – you book your own flight*
- Hotel: approx. $87-$113 per night – we reserve rooms so whole team stays at same hotel WALKING DISTANCE from the airport – you pay hotel directly at checkout. Email Nathan with number-count staying in your room. Our hotel is Wingate by Wyndham McAllen, 1500 Wichita Ave, McAllen, TX
- Meals: you pay for your own meals
- IMPERATIVE TO BRING: your passport and $5.00 in quarters to be used when crossing the border in and out of Mexico
- Be prepared to check a bag loaded with supplies that we will send from the church.
*FLIGHTS: You will make your own flight arrangements to McAllen, Texas. Nathan’s ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE SCHEDULE will be shared on this site so that you can line up a SIMILAR SCHEDULE. Once you have made your plane reservations, email Nathan your flight arrival and departure schedule.
The WNCC recorded a podcast from the Border on our August Pilgrimage. Listen here:
https://www.wnccumc.org/meansofgraceRead ALL TRIP DETAILS FIRST, THEN CLICK THIS LINK TO REGISTER FOR BORDER MISSION
Questions? Contact Nathan Arledge.