Advent and Christmas Devotional Booklet Artwork Collection
Dear Parents of Children Ages 2 – 5th Grade:
As a part of our preparation and celebration of Advent and Christmas, we will once again produce an Advent devotional booklet for families. And, once again, we invite our children to create the artwork! Any child who feels so moved can submit a picture, which we will then use either in the booklet or at other places in the church during Advent.
The “rules” are very simple:
- Submit your COLOR drawing on plain, white 8.5 x 11 inch paper (i.e., white copier/printer paper)
- Focus on our religious celebration (no Santa, reindeer, snowmen, elves, etc.)
- Attach your child’s name and age to the picture, but do not write it on the picture itself.
- Have your child title his/her picture, but again do not write the title on the picture itself.
- Please do not fold your drawing! (If you mail it, use a big envelope.)
Not sure what to draw? Angels, shepherds, sheep, wise men, Mary and Joseph, baby Jesus, stars, advent wreaths, etc., are great ideas.
Or, if you are inspired by scripture, read these Bible verses for ideas : John 1:1-5, John 3:16, John 1:14, Psalm 25:4, Psalm 66:1-4, Psalm 103:1-3, Psalm 98, Psalm 148:1, Luke 1:26-41, Luke 2, Isaiah 11:1, Isaiah 9:2, Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 11:6, Isaiah 40:5, Matthew 2:9.
All pictures are due by the end of the day Wednesday, October 23! Any art submitted after this day cannot be considered for the booklet.
You may mail your picture to Katharine Willis, Myers Park UMC, 1501 Queens Road, Charlotte, NC 28207 or bring it to the Children’s Ministries office. There will be a special place on the table outside the office where you can put it. Please, please remember to label it with your child’s name and age!
If you have any questions, please contact me (email@example.com; 704.295.4814).
Let’s get ready – a Savior is coming!
Date(s) - 10/01/2019 - 10/23/2019
View More Events Like This