United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women (UMW) is a worldwide community of women, whose purpose is: to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Annual Call to Prayer and Self Denial
Program and luncheon on Monday, March 20 at noon. $5 at door with financial offering to be collected for “Abundant Health for Women and Chldren” Reservations to 704-376-5520, option 1 by noon on Wednesday, March 15.
In addition, we are collecting feminine hygiene products for Lily Pad Haven: Kleenex, Sanitary Pads, Tampons and Wipes. Contact Sandy at Sandyh46@aol.com for details.
Here in the Myers Park Unit, we offer groups known as Circles, which meet at various days and times for educational meetings, book study, service projects and long-term support and fellowship.
- Hannah (4th Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.; meet at members’ homes): A lighthearted group of women who meet for book study and cheerful fellowship. Alison Golmont 704-516-5161 email@example.com
- Lydia (2nd Monday, 10:30 a.m.; meet in room 104): A group of ladies, 60’s and up, who are loyal in service to their church, to each other, and to Bethlehem Center. Georgia Davis 704-334-6349
- Martha (1st Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.; meet in room 104): A group of ladies, 60’s and up, who are very giving of their time and their resources, in this church, locally and abroad. Darlene Beard 704-375-1035 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary (2nd Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.): A group of women who meet for fellowship, book study related to spirituality and women’s issues, and service. Amy Brittain 704-773-8378 email@example.com
- Ruth (2nd Thursday, 10:30 a.m.; meet in room 104): A group of mothers with young children who meet for fellowship, spiritual growth and to make a difference in our community. Karen Cannon or Lindsay Scales firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister of Adult Education