When: 01/31/2018 - 02/18/2018 All DayView more details
“God has made us what we are, and in our union with Christ Jesus he has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
How am I Wired 4 Ministry?
Wired 4 Ministry is a 2-1/2 hour class offered monthly. Additional dates and times can be scheduled for any small group or ministry team.
* Registration is required along with the completion of pre-class exercises.
Putting your faith into action is at the very heart of our Christian calling. We’re called to serve others, in ministry, by being the hands and feet of Jesus in the world. God has uniquely created or “wired” each of us for ministry – a place where you’ll find meaning while others benefit from what only you have to offer. Understanding your S.H.A.P.E. helps determine the who, what and where God desires you to plug into service. At Myers Park UMC, you don’t “fit” the ministry, the ministry “fits” you.
Your S.H.A.P.E. is comprised of your: Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Experiences
- SPIRITUAL GIFTS are a divine empowerment to perform certain functions in the body of Christ. They are literally the Holy Spirit flowing through you to serve others. Your spiritual gifts aren’t just evident when serving in an organized ministry opportunity. Your gifts are with you “24-7”, impacting every facet of your life, including your relationships, as well as your perspective and reactions to everyday circumstances. Your spiritual gifts indicate what you’ll do when you serve.
- Your HEART (or passions) shows where you should focus your ministry. If you’re drawn to specific people, an aspect of church life or a certain issue, then you should get involved in ways that reflect that area. Your passion indicates where or with whom you’re best suited to serve.
- Your ABILITIES (or talents) enhance your ministry. Abilities or talents aren’t your spiritual gifts, but often times they will complement your spiritual gifts. Your abilities can also be a way to express your spiritual gifts.
- Your PERSONALITY or personal style indicates the way you prefer to express your spiritual gifts and prefer to serve others. Are you people-oriented or task-oriented? Structured or unstructured?
- God will use your EXPERIENCES to develop you for ministry. As you explore your life’s story, you will see how your unique experiences can influence your perspective and direct your passion areas of your heart.
Each part of who you are affects the other parts and contributes to how God wants to use you.
Putting it all together will give you a “Personal Wiring Profile.” You’ll gain a clearer sense of where to PLUG IN and quite possibly begin to see yourself and others in a new light!
- Contact Carol Tate at email@example.com or register online.
- Pre-Class Exercises: Pick up a packet of class materials on the table outside Room 117 (just down from the gift shop) in the black canvas box under the framed W4M logo.
Discover Your Gifts
Spiritual gifts are ways the Holy Spirit equips Christians to be the hands and feet of Christ and extend the kingdom of God. We find God empowers and transforms in ways we might never imagine. That is why we recommend taking the spiritual gifts assessment so you can maximize your God-given talents.
Spiritual Gifts Survey
Take the five to seven minute online spiritual gifts assessment to help determine which ministry areas may be the best fit for your personality and individual skills. No wrong answers here!
Wired For Ministry 2018 Class Dates
- Tuesday, February 13 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 26 / 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, March 8 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 10 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 23 / 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, May 8 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 12 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 25 / 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, July 12 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 13 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 24 / 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, October 9 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 22 / 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, November 8 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 4 / 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.