When: 11/19/2018 - 12/14/2018 All DayView more details
HIRING: Director of Stewardship
Myers Park United Methodist Church is seeking applications for a Part-time Director of Stewardship. This individual will be charged with creating an ongoing culture of faith and generosity through effective and visible stewardship of all people, gifts, talents and resources. This position supports various committees with Annual Stewardship Campaigns, Jubilee Plus! Annual Campaign, Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns and other fundraising efforts as they arise. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university
- Minimum of three to five years related experience
- Strong writing, editing, project management, research and organization skills with ability to multi-task, work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to connect and build relationships will congregation and staff
- Strong background in fundraising and planned giving
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook are required. Experience with comprehensive integrated database management software. Experience with ACS software a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Annual Stewardship Campaign – along with the Stewardship Committee, coordinate the annual stewardship campaign including:
- Development of theme and coordination of marketing materials including pledge cards, brochures, eblasts, The Cornerstone news articles, News and Notices, banners, videos, website and social media.
- Prepares daily and weekly campaign updates
- Develops and implements a program of parish-wide, year-round stewardship education and communications
- Planned Giving – along with the Planned Giving Committee,
- Develops and maintains the planned giving effort for the church, the Wesley Circle and the Myers Park Wesley Foundation
- Coordinates Legacy events
- Handles the administration of gifts
- Capital Campaign (when needed)
- Approves invoices for costs associated with stewardship
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Participate in Stewardship Committee and Planned Giving Committee meetings
- Attends functions of MPUMC and other relevant organizations; discerns relevant and applicable applications for the benefit of the church.
To apply please send your resume to Stewardship@mpumc.org.